As part of our final major project it is important that throughout the project we get some feedback from our peers on how we could improve our project and also if there is anything that we can do differently or if there is anything that we can change.
In order to get feedback from my peers I created a questionnaire where I asked questions about my research and also my idea. I made sure to ask if there was anything that I could improve on in my idea and if my research was relevant to my idea. I also included the link to my word press site so that my peers could answer my questions whilst looking through all of my work in order for me to get accurate results. I have included a copy of my questionnaire below for relevance.
I asked seven people to answer my questionnaire, which is around one third of the people in my class. I feel that asking seven people will give me accurate results and enough feedback for me to be able to take it and make changes in my project if there is anything to change.
Here are the results from my questionnaire, which I have analyzed and broke down to show the different results and answers that I got.
Question One- How Relative Do You Think My Research Is To My Project Idea And Why?
- ‘Your research connects to your theme and links to your chosen artist’
- ‘It is relevant as it covers your theme and also develops different ideas’
- ‘I think it is relevant because it all like up’
- ‘covered each aspect of your project idea with research shows good understanding’
- ‘very relevant as it covers your idea well’
- ‘relevant as it shows your understanding of your idea’
- ‘your research connects to your idea and shows the understanding of different artists’
From these results I have come to the conclusion that people think that my research does relate to my idea and that I have completed useful research. This therefore tells me that I don’t need to change anything about my research according to my peer review
Question Two- Is There Anything That I Could Do To Improve My Research If So How?
- ‘Research different artists’
- ‘Do some research based on the themes of your experiments’
- ‘I can’t think of a way’
- ‘more development shoots to show progress- helps back up research and shows your influenced’
- ‘Link them to experiments’
- ‘Add more images’
From these results I have come to the conclusion that some people think that I need to change my research and some people think that it is enough. I think from these results there could be a few different things that I could add to my research to make it better. I could add some more images to my research like some one said and also link some of the artists that I researched to my experimental shoots.
Question Three- Do You Think My Shoot Plans Are Relevant To My Idea And My Progress?
- ‘Yes they are relevant because it shows a connection to your chosen artist’
- ‘Yes because your shoot plans are to make joiners which is your main idea’
- ‘Yes they all show progression’
- ‘Yes I like your artist research too’
- ‘Yes they are’
- ‘Very relevant’
- ‘Yes as they show a good connection’
From these results I have found that people think that my shoot plans are very relevant to my idea and that there is nothing that I need to change about them to make them more relevant to my ideas and my progress for my work.
Question Four- How Do You Think I Could Change My Shoot Plans In Order To Develop My Idea?
- ‘Take experimental shots so we can see your actual idea’
- ‘Your shoot plans are great’
- ‘Just do the shoots’
- ‘Always refer back to your photographers’
- ‘Complete the shoots’
- ‘Refer to research’
- ‘Nothing to change’
From these results I have found that there a few different things that people think I could add to my shoot plans in order to develop them further. The things that I may add that people mentioned are, referring to the artist in my plans and also refer to my research. I will also complete my shoots which is something people mentioned.
Question Five- Do You Think That My Project Is Challenging, If Not How Could I Improve It To Make It More Challenging?
- ‘It is something new and also challenges your creativity’
- ‘It is challenging as you are doing both joiners and a current topic’
- ‘Yes I feel it is’
- ‘Yes as you are having to join multiple images together’
- ‘It is challenging’
- ‘It is something new and different to others’
- ‘Its something you’ve never done before which therefore makes it challenging’
From these results I have discovered that people think that my idea is challenging for me, therefore there is nothing that I need to change to make it more challenging.
Question Six- Do You Think My FMP Shows My Progression As A Photographer?
From these results I have found that my work according to my peers shows my progression as a photographer. I think this is a good thing to note as it means that people think that my idea is good and that it shows me moving from one level of work to another, which is a good thing.
From the feedback I have gathered from this review I will take it and go through my work and make any changes that people have suggested in order for my to improve my work. I will also be making any changes to my work that I got as feedback from my interim assessment from the tutor. I will then go through all of my work again and compare it to what I previously had to see if I can see any improvements to my work from the comments of my peers.