– an immediate opportunity to work and earn, without progression opportunities or intentions.
– a temporary position, potentially. An occupation not necessarily intended to be permanent.
– may be achieved without qualifications or experience.
– compulsory, in order to survive with a reasonable lifestyle.
– can potentially grow into a career.
– a developmental job, in which you progress to a position of authority or power.
– transferring a hobby into a successful business or means of income.
– long term position in a job you may be passionate about.
– requires development, perhaps through training and/or experience, often acquired through drive and passion.
– optional – it is possible to live well without a ‘career’, but with a job instead.